Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

50 Defense

I have always had a place for the 50 defense in my heart (old school 3-4). I grew up playing against the 50 defense from middle school through high school. I was an offensive lineman on a wing - t football team and I mostly played center my entire career. So, I became very familiar with a head up nose that was trying to knock me back into the quarterback on every play. Thus, I did not fully comprehend what a one - gap defensive linemen was until I was in college and faced them on a daily basis. 

That being said, I am going to post a link to a version of the 50 defense that I have studied over the course of the last couple years. It is a basic system that allows you to rush 3 - 5 and adjust your coverage between post and split coverage. 

Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me feedback or share some of your 50 material with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment