Search This Blog

Monday, November 10, 2014

Focus




There are many things that happen throughout the day that affect our attitude and work habits. Sometimes I allow the actions and opinions of others to negatively affect my outlook, which lessens my effectiveness in the classroom and on the football field. This can be a negative cycle that feeds off of itself if I am not careful.
We must be intentional in the battle for our mind!!
We must be intentional in our thought patterns and FOCUS on things that motivate and encourage us. Life is full of "storms", but we must realize that we are being shaped and molded through those experiences. God uses the hard times to strip away the parts of us that are not like HIM. Sanctification is a life long process that molds us into the image of Christ. Paul states this in Philippians 4:12 - 14, " I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

Paul wrote this scripture while he was in prison!! I pray that we would have the same focus as Paul and see the GLORY of the LORD while we are in the storms of life. Life is not always easy, but we have a Father that loves us and has an eternal perspective. So, when that parent is irritating you or you feel overwhelmed at work, remember that you are a child of the KING!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment