Search This Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Developing a Culture

This first year of being a head football coach has taught me a lot about how to be a better coach. I have learned that success is not always measured in wins and losses and the impact we leave on our players' lives is far more important than the score of a football game. We just completed our 2015 football season and we went 0 - 10. 6 of our 10 opponents reached the playoffs and we started 11 sophomores and freshman.We were competitive in 7 out of 10 games which is a big improvement from years past. The season before our football team lost all ten game by an average of 38 points per game, this year we lost by an average of 27 points per game with a team that was VERY YOUNG.

It is a HUGE struggle of mine to not judge myself on wins and losses because that is how most people judge a coach. I know I did some of my best coaching this year despite our record. I was a better coach this year than 2014 where I was a DC and we went all the way to the state championship game. All we can do as a high school coach is develop our players. We cannot go out and recruit better players or sign a free agent. What we must do is love our players and push them to be the best they can be. We will begin our off - season training on Monday because there is no time to rest because we have to get bigger, faster and stronger.

We will build it BRICK BY BRICK!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment